Dear Future Me,
How are you? How is the world around you? Did you end up achieving what you wanted to do? How different has everything changed?
This is how things are in November 2019 (at least in your young eyes):
- The world is slowly dying.
- Trump is still president.
- Jobs are scarce.
- You want to get into Corporate Social Responsibility or investment relations to change companies’ behaviors to help make the changes you can.
- If everything goes well you should graduate in Spring 2020.
- In your hometown, during the summers it averages high 80’s – 100.
- There is a little Thanksgiving storm you will have to drive through.
- You get cold in 70-degree weather.
- We can still visit the snow in Tahoe.
- The drought is not nearly as bad as before, but it still is a little dry.
- After coming back from studying abroad in Spain and Japan, you didn’t realize how dry CA really is, and how much of babies we are to the rain.
- We are now making changes in what we use for plastic (especially single-use plastics: ex- straws to save the turtles).
There are a lot more things, but I feel like they might not be relevant to this letter at least, but of course, a lot of things will change in YEARS and those things that I thought might not be relevant probably really could make a huge change.
How much have you changed? Not trying to toot my own horn, but more express my ignorance to the cold world, have you become meaner? I’m not trying to say that I’m nicer than the you now, but I feel like you will have to become meaner and harsher to make changes or force people to make the change for the greater good. The past you (well me) is kind of too much of a softy/ pushover and I don’t think that the me now can accomplish what I want you to have already accomplished. I just want you to have tried helping people whether it be helping the world that they live in or just personally, but please don’t be doing it by hurting or ruining others. Don’t fall into the unethical stigma that surrounds businesses, and if you have STOP. Do you not remember how much you hated listening to the ugly stories during your business classes? Start asking for help on how to get out because you won’t gain anything from it. You might be doing more harm than good if you keep going.
As of right now, the current me is working towards my dream me still, so I hope by the time you get this letter you are my dream me or are at least still working towards my dream me trying to help others. If the world is still savable keep pushing forward! If we made it this far, maybe to can do this! One little act can lead to a ripple effect that can create something huge.